sailboat

sailboat
A warm summer's day

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Archives of Ontario: Instant Lessons

I came across a pamphlet from this government agency that trumpeted: Instant Lesson Plans!
This is not the most user-friendly website out there. Plus, the grey background does little to inspire or fire the imagination. The home page doesn't even have a link to teacher resources or lesson plans . This agency falls under the auspices of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs and I stumbled into press releases about new rules for gift cards during my search. I had to do a formal search for "lesson plans" to find anything that could be used in a classroom. This site is not very exciting at first glance, but the lesson ideas sparkled within its dullness. The sepia-toned photographs are exquisite, especially for "Five Women and their Diaries". Teacher resources start with Grade 6.

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/ENGLISH/education/index.html

3 comments:

Lorna Reads said...

Hi Julie: I love this site!I looked at some of the wonderful photographs. The Boys Scouts "caught" is so amazing - those boys look just like those of today - slightly different bathing costume of course. Examined the photograph of the Cameron Family - "mirror memory" has such a lilting turn of phrase. I especially like the boy from Big Trout Lake - when you enlarge the photo you can see details such as his teeth and catch an adult smiling in the upper right hand of the photo.
Good One!
Happy Monday - why do weekends seem to run out of time before I am ready?
L

J Martin said...

Thanks Lorna! I knew the site had lots of hidden gems ready to be mined. The trick was finding them.

I hope your Monday is blissful!

Lorna Reads said...

Hi Julie - I see you added a nice picture. I could practically disappear into it.
Hope your day was great.
L