sailboat

sailboat
A warm summer's day

Saturday, December 15, 2007

History of the Holidays

Hi,
I am sitting here sipping tea and waiting for the winter storm to hit. Has anyone had a snow day yet this year? I haven't had one in my whole career.

Anyhow...the History Channel in the United States explores the history of holidays. It has an American bent to it, but it contains some useful nuggets of information. Canadian holidays are ignored. Still, it is worth a look.

Stay warm and healthy!

http://www.history.com/genericContent.do?id=53343

1 comment:

Deb Kitchener said...

Hi Julie, I have to say that our board has actually cancelled buses twice already this year which means SNOW DAY!!! I am sitting here crossing fingers for tomorrow but it's not likely. No freezing rain, no snow day.

Thanks for the history link!